Baccalaureate & Commencement
February 25, 2022
Dear Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022,
As unbelievable as it may seem and as we approach the warm days of spring, it’s time to begin planning for the graduation of the Class of 2022. Below is a comprehensive outline of the details available at this point and the responsibilities for you and your son with respect to the completion of his final months at the Prep. All of this information, as well as any updates, will be posted on this page.
On behalf of the Province of St. Thomas of Villanova, the Board of Directors, Faculty, Staff, and Leadership Team, I sincerely thank you for entrusting your son’s education to St. Augustine Preparatory School. Please be assured of my prayers for your son, you and your family as we acknowledge and affirm the many gifts and accomplishments of the Class of 2022.
Fr. Robert J. Murray, O.S.A., Ph.D.
Head of School
Important Dates & Times
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Class of 2022 Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May, 18, 2022 at 9 a.m. on campus. This tradition welcomes the senior class back to campus for breakfast in the Consalo Dining Hall followed by the Senior Award Ceremony. The day will culminate with a brief rehearsal for the following day’s ceremony. (Students only)
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Seniors’ Parent/Guardian & Faculty/Staff Reception
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Consalo Dining Hall
Wednesday, May 18, 2022 in Consalo Dining Hall on campus at 6 p.m. Formal invitations will be sent to you from the Office for Advancement via email. (Please ensure the school has your correct email address.) There is no cost for this event. It is a wonderful opportunity for the parents/guardians of the Class of 2022 to gather and celebrate their son’s past four years. Dress is smart casual. (Parents and guardians only.)
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 4 P.M. on campus on the Forum field. Commencement Exercises should be finished by approximately 6 p.m. The decision to celebrate on a Thursday rather than a weekend is to minimize conflicts with end-of-year athletic events and college graduations on the weekends. Each senior is given EIGHT tickets/per family.
Friday, March 11, 2022
Senior Ads are Due for Yearbook
Last day for Senior Ads to be purchased.
All seniors will receive a personalized FREE yearbook when they come back over the summer for our Summer Barbecue! This tradition welcomes the senior class back to campus for lunch with their classmates one final time as they look through the yearbook and catch up with faculty and staff before they leave for college. Stay tuned for the date of the event to be emailed to the seniors over the summer!
In order for your son to receive his diploma, he MUST:
• Successfully complete all academic and service requirements. Please contact Mr. Nancy McHugh, Dean of Academics and Stem Division Chair (Mrs.McHugh@hermits.com) if you have questions.
• Satisfy missed school days in excess of 15 absences. Please contact Mr. John Huscher ’85 P’18, Dean of Student Leadership and Development (Mr.Huscher@hermits.com) if you have questions.
• Satisfy all financial responsibilities as determined by the Business Office by April 30, 2022. Please direct questions to Fr. Stephen Curry, O.S.A., Senior Director of Finance, (Fr.Curry@hermits.com).
• Attend the Senior Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, beginning at 8:30 a.m. (Students only.)
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises:
- All guests must present a ticket to enter.
- Each student will receive eight (8) tickets in total – five (5) blue tickets and three (3) white tickets.
- Both blue and white tickets provide admission to the outdoor Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises held on the field behind the Buondonno Forum Building adjacent to Railroad Boulevard.
- In the event of inclement weather, each blue ticket grants admission to the Rodio Gymnasium to view the indoor ceremonies and each white ticket grants admission to the Consalo Dining Hall to view the indoor ceremonies on the projection screens. (Blue tickets must be limited due to the fire code regulations for Rodio Gymnasium.)
- If the ceremonies are moved inside due to weather, an announcement will be made via the Hermits Instant Alert System on Wednesday morning, May 18, and the information will be posted on this webpage.
Parking and Seating:
- Due to limited on-campus parking, families are encouraged to carpool.
The members of the Class of 2022 will be seated together, as a class.
Seating for families opens at 3:00 pm and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The day of graduation, seniors MUST:
- Report to Spina Gymnasium no later than 2:45 p.m.
- Remember their cap, gown and hood. (These will be handed out in the weeks prior to graduation.)
- Wear a white dress shirt, tie, dress socks, dress shoes and dress pants under their graduation gown.
- Have a proper haircut and be cleanly shaven.
Members of the Class of 2022 are welcome to invite family members who are Roman Catholic priests and deacons in good standing to participate in the Baccalaureate Mass. Please contact Fr. Tony Burrascano, O.S.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 856.697.2600, ext. 145 by May 6, 2022.
St. Augustine Preparatory School legacy members are invited to present a diploma to their graduating senior. This opportunity is extended to:
St. Augustine Preparatory School Faculty and Staff
St. Augustine Preparatory School makes every effort to accommodate persons with special needs attending the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises.
Please contact Mrs. Donna Field P’18, ’20, ’23 (Mrs.Field@hermits.com) or call 856.697.2600, ext. 128 regarding accommodations for persons with special needs or if you have questions or need clarification about items in this communication.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any additional questions regarding this information, please contact:
Mrs. Donna Field, Administrative Assistant, Buondonno Forum
Phone: (856) 697-2600 x128 e-mail: Mrs.Field@hermits.com
2022 Baccalaureate and Commencement Program Booklet
NOTE: Please enjoy the Official 2022 Baccalaureate and Commencement Program below.
To view the program in full-screen mode, click the square in the middle of the document to expand the document. After entering full-screen mode, you may download the booklet by clicking the arrow icon on the top-left of your screen.