Baccalaureate & Commencement
May 21, 2019
Senior Parent/ Guardian & Faculty Reception
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Consalo Dining Hall
Formal invitations will be sent to you from the Office of Advancement via email. (Please ensure the school has your correct email address.) There is no cost for this event. It is a wonderful opportunity for the parents/guardians of the Class of 2019 to gather and celebrate their sons past four years. Dress is smart casual. (Please note: this event is for parents and guardians only.)
May 22, 2019
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Place: Paul A. Rodio Gymnaisum at the Louis and Josephine Buondonno Forum (the 2018 ceremony was moved indoors due to inclement weather, a decision on the 2019 ceremony will be made at a time to be determined.)
Information regarding location and seating is below.
In order for your son to receive his diploma, he MUST:
• Successfully complete all academic and service requirements. Please contact Mr. Kevin Burke, Dean of Academics, (Mr.Burke@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy missed school days in excess of 15 absences. Please contact Mr. Dominic Puggi, Dean of Student Leadership, (Mr.Puggi@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy all financial responsibilities as determined by the Business Office. Please direct questions to Mr. Guy Hackney, Senior Finance Director, (Mr.Hackney@hermits.com).
• Attend the Senior Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal on Thursday, May 21, 2018, beginning at 9:00 a.m. (Students only.)
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises:
Parking and Seating:
- Due to limited on-campus parking, families are encouraged to carpool.
- Seating for families and their guests will begin at 4:00 p.m.
- All attendees must present a ticket to enter.
- Each family will receive eight (8) tickets in total. Tickets will be color-coded.
- Five (5) blue tickets will be provided to each family.
- Three (3) white tickets will be provided to each family.
- Both blue and white tickets will grant the bearers general admission to the outdoor Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises to be held on the field between Railroad Boulevard and the Buondonno Forum.
In the event of inclement weather:
- Each blue ticket will grant the bearer admission to Rodio Gymnasium to view the indoor ceremonies.
- Each white ticket will grant the bearer admission to the Consalo Dining Hall to view indoor ceremonies on the projection screens.
- This ticketing policy is in place to provide each family with the highest possible number of tickets for the outdoor ceremony. In the event of an indoor ceremony, the blue tickets must be limited due to the fire code regulations for Rodio Gymnasium.
- An announcement that the ceremonies will be moved indoors will be made via the Honeywell Instant Alert System on Thursday morning, May 17, and the information will be updated on hermits.com.
The day of graduation, seniors MUST:
- Report to Spina Gymnasium no later than 3:45 p.m.
- Wear a white shirt, tie, dress socks, dress shoes and dress pants under their graduation gown.
- Hair must be clean-cut and all graduates must be cleanly shaven.
- Remember their cap and gown, which will be handed out during the week leading up to graduation day.
- Report to a designated location (TBA) after the ceremony to pick up their diplomas.
Members of the Class of 2018 are welcome to invite family members who are Roman Catholic priests and deacons to participate in the Baccalaureate Mass.
Please contact, Mr. Brendan Towell., Assistant to the Head of School for Mission and Ministry (Mr.Towell@hermits.com).
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any further questions regarding this information, please contact:
Mrs. Donna Field, Administrative Assistant, Buondonno Forum
Phone: (856) 697-2600 x128 e-mail: Mrs.Field@hermits.com
2018 Baccalaureate and Commencement Program Booklet
Please click the square in the middle of the document to view the program in full-screen mode. After entering full-screen mode, you may download the booklet by clicking the arrow icon on the top-left of your screen. You may also follow this link to open the booklet in a separate window. LINK: goo.gl/Q8xh4q
Live Stream of the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2018
The archived portion of the graduation ceremony following the Baccalaureate Mass courtesy of SNJ Today may be found by clicking here: goo.gl/Jq3Wnn