Baccalaureate & Commencement
Dear Parent/Guardian of the Class of 2021,
It is never too soon to start planning. For that reason, I share with you an overview of the celebratory activities for the Class of 2021, as well as your son’s obligations with respect to the completion of his final months at the Prep. This information, as well as occasional updates, will be posted on this webpage and communicated directly to you via email.
Commencement Exercises this year are very special as the Class of 2021 will celebrate with the Class of 1971 – on the occasion of their 50th anniversary.
On behalf of the Augustinian Friars of Allegrini Community, Board of Directors, the Faculty, Professional Staff and Leadership Team, I sincerely thank you for entrusting your son’s education to St. Augustine Prep. Please be assured of my prayers for your son, you, and your family as we acknowledge and affirm the many gifts and accomplishments of the Class of 2021.
In Christ through Augustine,
Fr. Robert J. Murray, O.S.A., Ph.D.
Important Dates & Times
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Class of 2021 Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May, 19, 2021 at 9 a.m. on campus. This tradition welcomes the senior class back to campus for breakfast in the Consalo Dining Hall followed by the Senior Award Ceremony. The day will culminate with a brief rehearsal for the following day’s ceremony. (Students only)
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Seniors’ Parent/Guardian & Faculty/Staff Reception
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Consalo Dining Hall
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 in Consalo Dining Hall on campus at 6 p.m. Formal invitations will be sent to you from the Office for Advancement via email. (Please ensure the school has your correct email address.) There is no cost for this event. It is a wonderful opportunity for the parents/guardians of the Class of 2021 to gather and celebrate their son’s past four years. Dress is smart casual. (Parents and guardians only.)
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 4 P.M. on campus on the Forum field. Commencement Exercises should be finished by approximately 6 p.m. The decision to celebrate on a Thursday rather than a weekend is to minimize conflicts with end-of-year athletic events and college graduations on the weekends. Each senior is given FOUR tickets/per family. Seniors will be seated with their families for the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement.
In order for your son to receive his diploma, he MUST:
• Successfully complete all academic and service requirements. Please contact Mr. Stephen Cappuccio, Dean of Academics (Mr.Cappuccio@hermits.com) if you have questions.
• Satisfy missed school days in excess of 15 absences. Please contact Mr. Dennis Foreman, Interim Dean of Student Leadership (Mr.Foreman@hermits.com) if you have questions.
• Satisfy all financial responsibilities as determined by the Business Office. Please direct questions to Fr. Stephen Curry, O.S.A., Senior Director of Finance, (Fr.Curry@hermits.com).
• Attend the Senior Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal on Wednesday, May 19, 2021, beginning at 8:30 a.m. (Students only.)
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises:
- All students will receive (4) tickets in total for their family members.
- All attendees must present a ticket to enter.
Parking and Seating:
- Due to limited on-campus parking, families are encouraged to carpool.
- Families will be seated with their graduate in alphabetical order.
The day of graduation, seniors MUST:
- Report to Spina Gymnasium no later than 2:45 p.m.
- Wear a white shirt, tie, dress socks, dress shoes and dress pants under their graduation gown.
- Have a proper haircut and be cleanly shaven.
- Remember their cap and gown, which will be handed out prior to graduation.
- Report to the designated area AFTER the ceremony to pick up their diplomas.
Members of the Class of 2021 are welcome to invite family members who are Roman Catholic Priests and Deacons in good standing to participate in the Baccalaureate Mass. Please contact Fr. Tony Burrascano, O.S.A., Assistant to the Head of School for Mission & Ministry (Fr.Burrascano@hermits.com) or call 856.697.2600, ext. 145 by May 6, 2021.
St. Augustine Preparatory School legacy members are invited to present a diploma to their graduating senior. This opportunity is extended to:
St. Augustine Preparatory School Faculty and Staff
St. Augustine Preparatory School makes every effort to accommodate persons with special needs attending the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises.
Please contact Mrs. Donna Field (Mrs.Field@hermits.com) or call 856.697.2600, ext. 128 regarding accommodations for persons with special needs or if you have questions or need clarification about items in this communication.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any additional questions regarding this information, please contact:
Mrs. Donna Field, Administrative Assistant, Buondonno Forum
Phone: (856) 697-2600 x128 e-mail: Mrs.Field@hermits.com
2020 Baccalaureate and Commencement Program Booklet & Photos
NOTE: Please enjoy the Official 2020 Baccalaureate and Commencement Program below.
To view the program in full-screen mode, click the square in the middle of the document to expand the document. After entering full-screen mode, you may download the booklet by clicking the arrow icon on the top-left of your screen.