Baccalaureate & Commencement
January 29, 2019
Dear Parent/Guardian of the Class of 2019,
In an effort to assist with your planning, I share with you an overview of the celebratory activities for the Class of 2019, in addition to your son’s obligations with respect to the completion of his final months at the Prep. All of this information, as well as periodic updates, will be posted on the school website.
Graduates from the Class of 1969 will participate in these activities also, as we recognize the occasion of their 50th anniversary.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Faculty, Staff and Leadership Team, I sincerely thank you for entrusting your son’s education to St. Augustine Prep. Please be assured of my prayers for your son, you, and your family as we acknowledge and affirm the many gifts and accomplishments of the Class of 2019.
Fr. Robert J. Murray, O.S.A.
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Senior Parent/ Guardian & Faculty Reception
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Place: Consalo Dining Hall
Formal invitations will be sent to you from the Office for Advancement via email. (Please ensure the school has your correct email address.) There is no cost for this event and is a wonderful opportunity for the parents/guardians of the Class of 2019 to gather and celebrate their son’s past four years. The attire is smart casual. (Parents and guardians only.)
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises
Time: 4:00 p.m.
This year’s festivities will be held on the field adjacent to the south side of the Forum. Commencement Exercises should be complete by approximately 6:00 p.m. Information regarding location and seating is below. The decision to celebrate on a Wednesday rather than a weekend is to minimize conflicts with end of year athletic events and college/university graduations on the weekends.
In order for your son to receive his diploma, he MUST:
• Successfully complete all academic and service requirements. Please contact Mr. Kevin Burke, Dean of Academics, (Mr.Burke@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy missed school days in excess of 15 absences. Please contact Mr. Dominic Puggi, Dean of Student Leadership, (Mr.Puggi@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy all financial responsibilities as determined by the Business Office. Please direct questions to Mr. Guy Hackney, Senior Finance Director, (Mr.Hackney@hermits.com).
• Attend the Senior Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, beginning at 9:00 a.m. (Students only.)
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises:
Parking and Seating:
- Due to limited on-campus parking, families are encouraged to carpool.
- Seating for families and their guests will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- All attendees must present a ticket to enter.
- Each family will receive eight (8) tickets in total. Tickets will be color-coded.
- Five (5) blue tickets will be provided to each family.
- Three (3) white tickets will be provided to each family.
- Both blue and white tickets will grant the bearers general admission to the outdoor Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises to be held on the field between Railroad Boulevard and the Buondonno Forum.
In the event of inclement weather:
- Each blue ticket will grant the bearer admission to Rodio Gymnasium to view the indoor ceremonies.
- Each white ticket will grant the bearer admission to the Consalo Dining Hall to view indoor ceremonies on the projection screens.
- This ticketing policy is in place to provide each family with the highest possible number of tickets for the outdoor ceremony. In the event of an indoor ceremony, the blue tickets must be limited due to the fire code regulations for Rodio Gymnasium.
- An announcement that the ceremonies will be moved indoors will be made via the Honeywell Instant Alert System on Wednesday morning, May 22, and the information will be updated here.
The day of graduation, seniors MUST:
- Report to Spina Gymnasium no later than 2:45 p.m.
- Wear a white shirt, tie, dress socks, dress shoes and dress pants under their graduation gown.
- Hair must be clean-cut and all graduates must be cleanly shaven.
- Remember their cap and gown, which will be handed out during the week leading up to graduation day.
- Report to a designated area after the ceremony to pick up their diplomas.
Members of the Class of 2019 are welcome to invite family members who are Roman Catholic priests and deacons to participate in the Baccalaureate Mass.
Please contact, Mr. Brendan Towell., Assistant to the Head of School for Mission and Ministry (Mr.Towell@hermits.com).
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any further questions regarding this information, please contact:
Mrs. Donna Field, Administrative Assistant, Buondonno Forum
Phone: (856) 697-2600 x128 e-mail: Mrs.Field@hermits.com