Building and Grounds Worker
Building and Grounds Worker Full-Time
Title: Building and Grounds Worker
FLSA Status: Salaried-Exempt
Reporting Relationship: Director of Facilities
Purpose: The Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Worker maintains school buildings and grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of district facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Maintain school grounds and buildings in top condition
– Maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all maintenance and repair projects.
– Perform security duties related to buildings grounds; operate all security alarm systems; lock and unlock doors and gates.
– Maintain records of maintenance and cleaning activities as well as inventory of supplies and equipment
– Inspect school plant to assure appropriate maintenance, safety, and cleanliness; Report health and safety hazards to appropriate personnel.
– Perform daily custodial, groundskeeping and maintenance work as assigned
– Basic knowledge of HVAC troubleshooting and maintenance.
– Basic plumbing skills such as opening clogged sewers, etc..
– Ability to operate lawn equipment.
– Knowledge of appropriate use and application of chemicals and cleaning solvents
– Ability to work effectively with teams.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
– Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
– Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
– Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
– Requires climbing and balancing.
– Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
– Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
– Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
– Must be able to drive a mechanical vehicle.
– Must be able to work in elevated spaces.
Candidates should submit all information as soon as possible, but no later than January 26, 2020.
Electronic submission of documents to Ms. Ragen McKinney (Mckinney.email@example.com), Director of Human Resources is required.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
– Cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications for the position.
– Current resume.