Guidance - College Counselor/Faculty Member
Guidance – College Counselor/Faculty Member Full-Time
ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Job Posting for the 2021-22 Academic Year
Title: Guidance – College Counselor/Faculty Member
Full-Time High School Teaching Position
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling or related field
- NJ Teacher & School Counselor Certification
- Secondary school teaching experience
- High school counselor experience
- Thorough understanding of the college admissions, scholarship, and financial aid processes
- Proficiency in relevant computer software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the adolescent learner
- Energetic, motivational leader
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and time-management skills
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Teach two Senior Seminar courses and possibly one additional course.
- Promote academic, social and emotional development of students.
- Advise students through the entirety of the college application process (transcripts, essays, letters of recommendations, resume, college fair, interview preparation, etc.).
- Assist students with a standardized testing plan and provide testing resources.
- Conduct large and small group discussions and presentations.
- Confer regularly with parents and students in a cooperative effort to encourage progress.
- Coordinate visits of representatives from colleges, technical schools, and the military.
- Embrace and promote the mission of the school and the Augustinian values of VERITAS (Truth), UNITAS (Unity) and CARITAS (Love).
- Display the highest level of ethical and professional behavior and standards, acting as a role model.
To Apply: E-mail in PDF format – Resume, Letter of Interest, and current Letters of Recommendation or References (with contact information) to Mrs. Ragen McKinney at email@example.com.