Teacher of Science and Math - 8th Grade
Teacher of Science and Math – 8th Grade Full-Time
ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Office of Academics
JOB POSTING for 2023 – 2024
8th Grade Combined Math and Science Teaching Position
- A Bachelor’s degree in the subject area of Math, Science, or Education is required.
- A Master’s degree in the subject area of Math, Science, or Education is desirable.
- NJ Teacher Certification and/or prior middle or secondary school teaching experience desirable.
- Understand the adolescent learner
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Display the highest level of ethical and professional behavior and standards.
Functions of the Job:
- Understand the mission of the school and promote the Augustinian values of VERITAS (Truth), UNITAS (Unity), and CARITAS (Love).
- Support for the school’s Diversity, Equity Inclusion, and Belonging Initiative
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Develop units, lesson plans, and assessments that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Incorporate a variety of strategies to teach, assess, and promote effective science skills and critical thinking/analysis to adolescent learners.
- Develop students’ mathematical and scientific skills; encourages the development of problem-solving, logical reasoning, and critical flexible thinking skills
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging laboratory instruction in a safe, orderly, and supportive environment while developing inquiry skills
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on work.
- Observe, encourage, and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Participate in department, division, school, and parent meetings. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Interact with students in an extracurricular capacity such as coach/club moderator.
- Be flexible and energetic.
Please electronically submit the following to Mrs. Elizabeth Davis, HR Director, at (Mrs.EDavis@hermits.com):
- A cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications for the position.
- A brief personal statement that includes the candidate’s vision statement for the
- A current resume.