Teacher of Science - Physics Concentration
Teacher of Science – Physics Concentration Full-Time
ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Office of Academics
JOB POSTING for 2022 – 2023
Teacher of Science – Physics Concentration
High School Teaching Position
- A Bachelor’s degree in the subject area of Science, preferably various levels of Physics.
- A Master’s degree in the subject area of Science or Education is desirable.
- NJ Teacher Certification and/or prior secondary school teaching experience desirable.
- Possesses excellent knowledge and understanding of a broad base of scientific skills and content.
- Understand the adolescent learner.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Display the highest level of ethical and professional behavior and standards.
Functions of the Job:
- Understand the mission of the school and promote the Augustinian values of VERITAS (Truth), UNITAS (Unity), and CARITAS (Love)
- Support for the school’s Diversity, Equity Inclusion, and Belonging Initiative
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop units, lesson plans, and assessments that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Incorporate a variety of strategies to teach, assess, and promote effective science skills, critical thinking/analysis
- Develop students’ theoretical and applied scientific skills; encourages the development of problem-solving, logical reasoning, and critical flexible thinking skills
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging laboratory instruction in a safe, orderly, and supportive environment while developing inquiry skills
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on work.
- Observe, encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Participate in department, division, school, and parent meetings. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Interact with students in an extracurricular capacity such as coach/club moderator.
- Be flexible and energetic.
Please electronically submit the following to Mrs. Rebecca Pippett, Executive Assistant to to the Dean of Academics at Mrs.Pippett@hermits.com:
- A cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications for the position.
- A brief personal statement that includes the candidates vision statement for the
- A current resume.