Graduation Week Information
Graduation Week Information
Dear Parent/Guardian of the Class of 2017,
It is never too soon to start planning. For that reason, I share with you an overview of the celebratory activities for the Class of 2017, as well as your son’s obligations with respect to the completion of his final months at the Prep. This information, as well as occasional updates, will be posted on the Office of the President website under the header “Baccalaureate and Commencement” and communicated through school email.
Commencement Exercises this year at the Prep are very special as the Class of 2017 will celebrate with the Class of 1967 – the Prep’s fourth graduating class – on the occasion of their 50th anniversary.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the Faculty, Professional Staff and Leadership Team, I sincerely thank you for entrusting your son’s education to St. Augustine Prep. Please be assured of my prayers for your son, you, and your family as we acknowledge and affirm the many gifts and accomplishments of the Class of 2017.
Fr. Donald F. Reilly, O.S.A., D. Min.
May 17th, 2017
Senior Parent/ Guardian & Faculty Reception
Place: Consalo Dining Hall
Formal invitations will be sent to you from the Office of Institutional Advancement via email. (Please ensure the school has your correct email address.) There is no cost for this event. It is a wonderful opportunity for the parents/guardians of the Class of 2017 to gather and celebrate their sons past four years. Dress is smart casual. (Parents and Guardians only.)
May 18th, 2017
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises
Information regarding location and seating is below. The decision to celebrate on a Thursday rather than a weekend is to minimize conflicts with end of year athletic events and college/university graduations on the weekends.
Commencement Live Stream
In reference to the commencement ceremony, taking into account the potential for above-average temperatures, we have made arrangements for indoor viewing of the proceedings within the air-conditioned Consalo Dining Hall. In an effort to accommodate members of your family and friends, please consider this option on the day of the ceremony.
In addition, the entirety of the day will be streamed live and made available worldwide through the school’s official YouTube channel which can found at www.youtube.com/saintaugustineprep. The official commencement program booklet will also be made available for online viewing and/or download on the day of the ceremony. Both links will be shared on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/staugustineprepHS. These innovations make for a unique opportunity for friends and family to be a part of such a special day for the Prep community.
In order for your son to receive his diploma, he MUST:
• Successfully complete all academic and service requirements. Please contact Mr. Kevin Burke, Dean of Academics, (Mr.Burke@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy missed school days in excess of 15 absences. Please contact Mr. J.C.Valore, Dean of Student Leadership, (Mr.Valore@hermits.com), if you have questions.
• Satisfy all financial responsibilities as determined by the Business Office. Please direct questions to Mrs. Adele Coggins, CFO, (Mrs.Coggins@hermits.com).
• Attend the Senior Breakfast, Award Ceremony, and Graduation Rehearsal on Wednesday, May 17, 2017, beginning at 9:00 a.m. (Students only.)
Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises:
Parking and Seating:
- Due to limited on-campus parking, families are encouraged to carpool.
- Seating for families and their guests will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- All attendees must present a ticket to enter.
- Each family will receive eight (8) tickets in total. Tickets will be color-coded.
- Five (5) blue tickets will be provided to each family.
- Three (3) white tickets will be provided to each family.
- Both blue and white tickets will grant the bearers general admission to the outdoor Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Exercises to be held on the field between Railroad Boulevard and the Buondonno Forum.
In the event of inclement weather:
- Each blue ticket will grant the bearer admission to Rodio Gymnasium to view the indoor ceremonies.
- Each white ticket will grant the bearer admission to the Consalo Dining Hall to view indoor ceremonies on the projection screens.
- This ticketing policy is in place to provide each family with the highest possible number of tickets for the outdoor ceremony. In the event of an indoor ceremony, the blue tickets must be limited due to the fire code regulations for Rodio Gymnasium.
- An announcement that the ceremonies will be moved indoors will be made via the Honeywell Instant Alert System on Thursday morning, May 18, and the information will be posted on the Prep’s web site.
The day of graduation, seniors MUST:
- Report to Spina Gymnasium no later than 2:45 p.m.
- Wear a white shirt, tie, dress socks, dress shoes and dress pants under their graduation gown.
- Hair must be clean-cut and all graduates must be clean shaven.
- Remember their cap and gown, which will be handed out prior to graduation.
- Report to the dining hall AFTER the ceremony to pick up their diplomas.
Members of the Class of 2017 are welcome to invite family members who are Roman Catholic priests and deacons to participate in the Baccalaureate Mass.
Please contact, Fr. Patrick McStravog, O.S.A., Assistant to the President for Mission and Ministry (Fr.McStravog@hermits.com).