Class of 2028 - Opening Days of School
Class of 2028 – Opening Days of School
A Message from the Director of the 8th Grade Program
Dear Eighth Grade Parents,
Welcome to St. Augustine Preparatory School and the Brotherhood!
As we prepare for the beginning of school, there are many details to share.
- August 28 is Orientation from 8:00 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. Buses will depart at 12:30 p.m. Please see the bus details in this week’s Heads Up for details. Students are to wear the spring/fall dress code [Hermits Branded Navy, Gray or White Polo; • Navy Blue or Gray Pants with a Black or Brown Leather Belt, • Dress Socks (white athletic socks are not permitted; no-show, ankle, or quarter-socks are also not permitted), Black or Brown Dress Shoes (Shoes must be able to hold a shine)].
- For school supplies, the Prep is very “green” to protect the environment; therefore, the student’s Chromebook will be the medium for most notes and textbooks. In addition, bring a pen, pencil, and folder to school.
- Intramural sports will take place twice a week during Community Time (which is after second period). Students will be given a reversible jersey to wear. They also need to bring a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers.
- On September 5 and 6, students need to wear the winter uniform (white dress shirt, 8th grade necktie, Prep V-neck sweater) because school pictures will be taken. Given the warm weather, students only need to wear the sweater for the picture. The rest of the day they can keep it in their locker.
- Today all students received an email from Mrs. Auger regarding their locker number and combination. Please make sure that your son records the details.
- MyPrep is the Prep’s main source of information (i.e., grades, homework, student ID, etc.). Mr. Garufi sent you an email on how to access it, titled “The Prep.St. Augustine Prep – Congratulations. Your IT account has been successfully set up.” If you have any questions, contact Mr. Garufi at Mr.GarufiJr@hermits.com.
- Set up your son’s lunch account via Pay Schools Central. The link can be found on MY PREP and the school’s website (on the STUDENT LIFE tab, under DINING SERVICES). You need you son’s STUDENT ID # (a seven-digit number, that can be found on MYPREP), and the school district is ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY. If you have any trouble or questions, please contact Chef Vinnie at Mr.Berti@hermits.com or 856-697-2600 ext. 135.
- Please share with me any “best practices” that will help your son to learn (i.e., untimed testing, extra help with directions, etc.). Also, let me know if there are any important personal issues (i.e., deceased family member, medical issues, etc.).
May God bless this new academic year,
Fr. Steve Curry, O.S.A, Ed.D.
Director of 8th Grade Program
8th Grade Brotherhood Ceremony INFORMATION
Date: Wednesday, September 6 | 8:15 am (7:45 am seating opens)
– Arrival Time: Students must arrive no later than 7:45 am (Buses will be running on Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023. Please be at your bus stop 10 minutes early. Bus routes and times can be found HERE.)
– Location: Rodio Gym at the Buondonno Forum
– Parking Locations
—–> We are kindly asking families to enter the campus through the West Entrance. Parking will be available in Lot A (as you enter) and Lot E (nearest the Fr. LaRosa Turf Field). To assist with arrival, CLICK HERE to view the campus map
– Student Dress Code: Students will wear the Winter Uniform
- For family members and loved ones who are unable to attend, the ceremony will be live-streamed by the Hermits Broadcasting Channel. Please bookmark the HBC’s YouTube Channel by visiting www.youtube.com/HermitsBroadcasting; the livestream link will be available on the channel’s homepage on the morning of the ceremony.
- For planning purposes, the ceremony and refreshments are expected to conclude by 9:30 a.m. 8th Grade class photos will be taken immediately following and the school day will resume.
Dates to Remember
Tuesday, September 5 | First Day of School & Picture Day – all students to be in their winter uniform
- Picture Day Information:
School Name: St Augustine Preparatory Sch
Picture Day ID: EVT4P8R87
Wednesday, September 6 | The Rose M. Davis H’17 Brotherhood Ceremony
- This annual tradition officially welcomes the Freshman and 8th Grade classes to the Hermit Brotherhood. 8th Graders should be in their winter uniforms (White dress shirt, 8th grade necktie, Prep V-neck sweater). Additional details regarding attendance, parking, etc. is available via the button below. 8th Grade Brotherhood Ceremony Information
Friday, September 8 | HermitFest
- All 8th-graders are strongly encouraged to attend this FUN-FILLED event – students will also be granted a dress-down day. Students will be able to purchase admission before the event, including a special HermitFest t-shirt, food, music, games, and activities from 2:30 to 5:30 pm and concludes with admission to the home football game vs. Cherokee HS at 6 pm. This is a signature event designed to bring together the entire Prep community as parents, guardians, and families are also encouraged to attend. This will be the first experience for the Class of 2027 to officially join the Richland Rowdies!
Additional Info & FAQ's
Bus passes will be distributed during the 8th Grade Orientation.
Picture days are scheduled for Tuesday, September 5 and Wednesday, September 6. You may begin the ordering process by visiting the Lifetouch Online Order Portal and entering the following “Picture Day ID” of EVT4P8R87.
You may manage your son’s lunch account on payschoolscentral.com – a program that allows you to track your son’s lunch account and make online deposits towards it. Cash will be accepted for the early portion of the school year. If you have any questions relating to the Pay Schools Central Program, student lunch accounts, or food allergens, please contact:
The most up-to-date Prep Shop Hours and Information may be found HERE.
ChromeBook Pickup Information
This year, St. Augustine Prep Chromebooks (required for new students in the class of 2027) may be purchased online at the link below. After purchasing online, families may pick up Chromebooks at the Office of Information Technology in the Buondonno Forum. Once entering the Forum, make a left after the main office, walk down the College Guidance Hallway and make a left immediately before the double doors leading to Alumni Hallway. Information Technology is immediately on the right.
Pickup will be available during 8th Grade Orientation (Monday, August 28, 2023)Chromebook Information Page